Easy Homemade Rhubarb Jam
There is something so special about eating your own homemade condiments.
Making jam at home allows you to monitor how much sugar is going into your jam and avoid any stabilizers or preservatives that store bought jams may have. And its super easy and makes your house smell amazing in the process too!
I want to share with you a jam that we make at home while Rhubarb stalks are available at the Farmers Markets and on Supermarket shelves during late spring.
Toby's Easy Homemade Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 5 Rhubarb stalks, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick or 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp grated ginger or 2 tsp ginger powder
- Zest and juice from 1 organic grapefruit
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod
- Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer
- Let simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Ladle into sterilized mason jars and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks (if it lasts that long!)